A History of Wal Basses
- Beginnings (the early days and the JG Series basses)
- "Production line" basses (the Pro Series basses)
- Growth in the 1980s (Custom Series and Wal Midi basses)
- A minor diversion (reissue passive "Pro Series Mk II" basses)
- And then there were (mark) three (Custom Series Mk III basses)
- Millennium bugs (the decline and relaunch of Wal basses)
- Published obituaries for Ian Waller and Pete Stevens
Wal bass specifications
More detailed information on each series
- W1111 - the original Wal bass
- JG Series basses
- Pro Series basses
- Custom Series basses (Mark I, II & III)
- Wal MB4 midi bass
- Double necked basses
- Oddities and special commissions
Various bits and bobs
- Global jukebox - the two days when Wal basses changed the world
- Small but perfectly formed! (The cutest little Wal bass you'll ever see...)
- You wait for ages and then three come along at once (the Japanese Wal triple neck copies)...
- My basses: 1985 Wal Custom 4-string bass - W2601
- My basses: 1978 Wal Pro series bass - PB1291
- My basses: non-Wal basses...
- Photo Galleries
- Wal players discuss their basses
- Wal of sound... The essential Wal Basses listening list - where to hear Wals in action
- Video Vault - some live recordings of famous Wal users in action...
SPECIAL FEATURE - Wal Basses, the Early Years
- SPECIAL FEATURE: Wal Basses - The Early Years
- Interview with Percy Jones
- JG bass special Part 1: a masterpiece of design...
- JG Bass Special Pt 2: A tale of two basses
- JG Bass Special Pt 3: Gallery - "Mk 1" JG Basses - the earlier models
- John Entwistle's JG Custom Bass
- JG Special Pt 4b: Gallery - "Mk 2" JG Basses - the later models
- JG Special Pt 5: Gallery - JG Basses and their players
- JG Special Pt 6: A coincidental coda...
- A History Of Wal Basses - The Movie
- Useful links
- Notable Wal users
- Video Demos - some YouTube try-outs, demos and explanations of various Wal basses...
- Dating your Wal bass
Promotional Literature, Adverts and Press Coverage
- Promotional literature and press advert gallery (includes full size scans of all materials)
- 1970s Wal Pro Bass Brochure - "A New Beginning From Electric Wood - The Wal Pro Bass - Full Size Scans
- Pro bass adverts featuring John Entwistle of the Who and Percy Jones of Brand X - Full Size Scans
- General Wal music magazine adverts - Full Size Scans
- Press coverage of Wal basses and reviews (includes full size scans of all materials)
- Wal Pro II bass review by Jimmy Bain of Rainbow and Wild Horses (Beats International, July 1980) - Full Size Scans
- Wal MB4 midi bass review (Guitarist magazine, February 1990)
- “Chris Squire” Custom Triple Neck Wal feature ("Bassist" magazine 1999)
- "My bass(es) are... Four Wals" (Bassist magazine feature, January 2000)
- Feature on Pro Basses (Guitar magazine, early 2000s)
- Bassist Magazine Wal Bass Special Features (October 1996)
- ...to follow. Watch this space...
- Archive: "Stephan's Wal Database" - a sadly now (long) defunct compilation of Wal basses, serial numbers, descriptions, photos, dates and owners. Preserved here for posterity...
- Archive: Notes pages from Stephan's Database - various user comments and "factoids" about various of the Wal basses listed in the database.